I am going to start with the basic requirements...
- Diet - Fresh food and water daily
- Extra calcium in the diet
- Toys to keep them entertained
- Birdy baths!
- Suitable size cage
- And finally Love!!!
Well first you need to know the Do's and Do not's
- Have your pet vet checked
- Allow the bird time to adjust in a quiet place
- Handle with love and include other family members!
- Offer fresh fruit and veggies as well as seeds
- Have a play/ perch area (plus a cage)
- Clean food and water dishes daily
- Praise your bird and encourage good behaviour
- Scream or hit your parrot
- Leave in cage all the time
- Smoke around your bird
- Encourage bad behaviour